Masters of Fine Arts, Painting
The Royal College of Art, Fall 2017 - 2019 (Distinction Dissertation)
Bachelors of Fine Arts
The University of Pennsylvania, June 2016
Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Certificate Degree In Painting
The Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, May 2016
Concentration in painting.
● The Codex Project, Works on Paper Gallery, Philadelphia, 2020
● Royal College of Art Degree Show 2019, Stephens Building, Royal College of Art, London, 2019
● Painting from the Other Side Dyson Gallery Royal College of Art, London, 2019
● Untitled Solo Performance Hockney Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, 2018
● Reaching for the Horizon, Royal College of Art, London,2019
● Patch of Green in London Chelsea College of Art, London, 2019
● If Van Gogh... Group Show, Chelsea College of Art, London, 2018
● “Surge” East Wing Biennial, The Courtauld Institute of Art, Somerset House, London, 2018
● 4 Scopes Group Show, Chelsea College of Art, London, 2018
● Royal College of Art Work in Progress Show, London, 2018
● Studies of Itoshima Studio Kura Gallery, Itoshima, Japan, 2016
● PAFA Annual Student Exhibition, Philadelphia, 2016
● Gallery 128 Show, Philadelphia, 2015
● Paper Dolls The Philadelphia Sketch Club August, Philadelphia, 2015
● PAFA Annual Student Exhibition, Philadelphia, 2015
● Works on Paper CR Ettinger Studio Group Exhibit, Philadelphia, 2015
●PAFA Student Drawing Exhibit, Philadelphia, 2014
●PAFA Annual Juried Student Exhibit, Philadelphia, 2014
● Creative Intern in Education, The Trammel and Margaret Crow Collection
of Asian Art July 2017 - August 2017
● Artist Resident, Moriumius October 2016 - February 2017 Ogatsu, Japan. Artist residency and NPO organization dedicated to rebuilding the Ishinomaki, Ogatsu region devastated by the 2011 Tsunami through cultural learning and workshops.
● Production Set Design for "Le Piege De Meduse" August - December 2016 Tokyo, Japan. Set design and painting for the production of Eric Satie's "Le Piege de Meduse" running from August to November 2016.
● Artist Resident, Paradise AIR July - August 2016 Matsudo, Japan. Artist Residency Organization in Matsudo, Chiba Japan.
● Artist Resident, Studio Kura June - July 2016 Itoshima, Japan. One month residency and subsequent exhibit in rural Itoshima, Japan.
● Two month Internship, Kyujanggak Archival Library: Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea 2014 (Internship program with the University of Pennsylvania).
● The Scheidt Travel Scholarship, 2016
● The Fred and Naomi Hazell Art Scholarship Award, 2015
● The John Galasso Memorial Prize, 2015
● The Hobson Pittman Prize, 2015
● The Earl T. Donelson Figure Painting Awards First Prize, 2015
● The Susan Carlen Brown Memorial Prize for Aqueous Media on Paper, 2015
● The Mindel Caplan Kleinbard Award, 2015
● The Hal and Linda Robinson Book Award, 2015
● Royal College of Art Battersea Hoarding Project 2018-19, Commissioned by Royal College of Art: Rut Blees Luxemburg, artist and researcher, Linsey Young, curator of Contemporary Art at Tate Britain, and Octavia Reeve, RCA head of content strategy.
● Production Set Design for "Le Piege De Meduse" August - December 2016 Tokyo, Japan: Set design and painting for the production of Eric Satie's "Le Piege de Meduse”, August to November 2016.
Elise Broadway, born 1993 in Dallas, Texas, is a painter, sculptor, and performance artist currently based in Dallas, Texas (USA). She has recently graduated with a MA in Painting from the Royal College of Art (awarded a distinction for her dissertation) in the summer of 2019.