Masters of Fine Arts, Painting
The Royal College of Art, Fall 2017 - 2019 (Distinction Dissertation)
Bachelors of Fine Arts
The University of Pennsylvania, June 2016
Graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 4.0 GPA.
Certificate Degree In Painting
The Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, May 2016
Concentration in painting.
● The Codex Project, Works on Paper Gallery, Philadelphia, 2020
● Royal College of Art Degree Show 2019, Stephens Building, Royal College of Art, London, 2019
● Painting from the Other Side Dyson Gallery Royal College of Art, London, 2019
● Untitled Solo Performance Hockney Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, 2018
● Reaching for the Horizon QUEER Society, Royal College of Art, London,2019
● Patch of Green in London Chelsea College of Art, London, 2019
● If Van Gogh... Group Show, Chelsea College of Art, London, 2018
● “Surge” East Wing Biennial, The Courtauld Institute of Art, Somerset House, London, 2018
● 4 Scopes Group Show, Chelsea College of Art, London, 2018
● Royal College of Art Work in Progress Show, London, 2018
● Studies of Itoshima Studio Kura Gallery, Itoshima, Japan, 2016
● PAFA Annual Student Exhibition, Philadelphia, 2016
● Gallery 128 Show, Philadelphia, 2015
● Paper Dolls The Philadelphia Sketch Club August, Philadelphia, 2015
● PAFA Annual Student Exhibition, Philadelphia, 2015
● Works on Paper CR Ettinger Studio Group Exhibit, Philadelphia, 2015
●PAFA Student Drawing Exhibit, Philadelphia, 2014
●PAFA Annual Juried Student Exhibit, Philadelphia, 2014
● Creative Intern in Education, The Trammel and Margaret Crow Collection
of Asian Art July 2017 - August 2017
● Artist Resident, Moriumius October 2016 - February 2017 Ogatsu, Japan. Artist residency and NPO organization dedicated to rebuilding the Ishinomaki, Ogatsu region devastated by the 2011 Tsunami through cultural learning and workshops.
● Production Set Design for "Le Piege De Meduse" August - December 2016 Tokyo, Japan. Set design and painting for the production of Eric Satie's "Le Piege de Meduse" running from August to November 2016.
● Artist Resident, Paradise AIR July - August 2016 Matsudo, Japan. Artist Residency Organization in Matsudo, Chiba Japan.
● Artist Resident, Studio Kura June - July 2016 Itoshima, Japan. One month residency and subsequent exhibit in rural Itoshima, Japan.
● Two month Internship, Kyujanggak Archival Library: Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea 2014 (Internship program with the University of Pennsylvania).
● The Scheidt Travel Scholarship, 2016
● The Fred and Naomi Hazell Art Scholarship Award, 2015
● The John Galasso Memorial Prize, 2015
● The Hobson Pittman Prize, 2015
● The Earl T. Donelson Figure Painting Awards First Prize, 2015
● The Susan Carlen Brown Memorial Prize for Aqueous Media on Paper, 2015
● The Mindel Caplan Kleinbard Award, 2015
● The Hal and Linda Robinson Book Award, 2015
● Royal College of Art Battersea Hoarding Project 2018-19, Commissioned by Royal College of Art: Rut Blees Luxemburg, artist and researcher, Linsey Young, curator of Contemporary Art at Tate Britain, and Octavia Reeve, RCA head of content strategy.
● Production Set Design for "Le Piege De Meduse" August - December 2016 Tokyo, Japan: Set design and painting for the production of Eric Satie's "Le Piege de Meduse”, August to November 2016.
Elise Broadway, born 1993 in Dallas, Texas, is a painter, sculptor, and performance artist currently based in Dallas, Texas (USA). She has recently graduated with a MA in Painting from the Royal College of Art (awarded a distinction for her dissertation) in the summer of 2019. Elise's work is autobiographical and builds on a mixture of Texan cultural iconography, dark humor, and deeply personal, introspective imagery as a self-therapeutic mechanism that shifts between catharsis, deconstruction, and healing. Elise currently works primarily with drawing, hand-sewn and painted sculptural works, and large-scale fabric instillations.
Portfolio on Request ● Available for Relocation